Join your teammates in a multiplayer game of teamwork and betrayal!
Play online with 4-15 players while trying to hold your spaceship together and return to civilization. But beware, there may be an alien impostor on board!
One or more of your teammates have been replaced by dangerous shapeshifters – impostors. Their objective is to eliminate the rest of the crew before the ship reaches the house. The impostors will sabotage the ship, sneak through the vents, deceive and trap others to remain anonymous and kill the crew.
When the game begins, players remain silent and try to complete their task… until the impostor strikes! Once a body is reported or someone suspects something, the surviving crew openly debates who could be impostors and possibly kick a crew member out of the game. Meanwhile, the impostors try to pretend they are. ‘they are teammates and confuse everyone! If the impostors stay after the crew votes, everyone returns to ship maintenance until another body is found. If all impostors are eliminated or if teammates complete all of their tasks, the crew wins!
The last major update for Among Us – version 201.11.9 – has just been released and is now available on all platforms! The Role & Cosmicube update features adjustable roles, a brand new store, and a progression system.
A whole new level of gameplay is here. These 4 all new roles add a ton of complexity and new gameplay to the social deduction mechanics you know and love! You’ll find more information in the lobby settings, but here’s a quick rundown:
Roles of teammates
- Scientist: Access vital data anytime. Perform tasks to recharge your battery.
- Engineer: Can use the vents.
- Guardian angel: Throw a protective shield around the remaining teammates.
Role of impostor
- Metamorphic: Disguise yourself by transforming yourself into any other crew member.
And like most of our game settings, these roles are fully customizable! Add or remove whatever you want, change the probability and even change individual abilities
You: Wants more cosmetics, collaborations with other games, and progression.
Us: Wants to give everyone more stuff, has to survive and pay server costs, and do more cool stuff.
Cosmicubes are a new way for you to get exclusive cosmetics and show off your gear! Drip space, as they say.
Here’s what it includes:
- All-new customization options – both free and paid. Visor cosmetics and special nameplates make the change of look even more fun, along with additional pets, hats and skins.
- Cosmicubes and cosmetics to unlock. Even more themed items are now unlockable via our new Cosmicube branch system! Play the game, gather resources, and reap the rewards of your murder – uh, I mean, tasks. Cosmcubes are a special feature for Among Us! There will be paid and free varieties, and there will be more premium sets of themed items.
All cosmetic products are purely visual and have no effect on gameplay or gameplay options. You might have noticed that the game is free on mobile with no ads (we’re working to make ads a better and safer experience), and you know that the PC and Switch version is $ 4.99. To keep the game going, the servers running, and everyone to have more free cosmetic options, we’re thrilled with the Cosmicube update! And then if someone wants to support us, then the paid cosmetic option is there too.
If you purchased any DLC cosmetics from the Steam store or on mobile, don’t worry, they will transfer. You should get an in-game pop-up showing you how to connect your cosmetics to your account. Keep in mind that you can only do this once.
How does it work exactly?
There are several types of resources you can collect, and each does something special:
- Cosmicubes: Special cosmetic cubes containing themed items that you unlock via a branching path. These items tend to be more special or detailed. Different Cosmicubes are purchased using Beans or Stars, but their content can only be unlocked by earning Pods through gameplay.
- Beans: Resource allocated through normal online play! Use it to exchange cosmetics and Cosmicubes in the store. Loose and very bean-shaped.
- Stars: This is our Premium Currency resource, purchased with hard cash. You can buy them in the game and use them to buy special items and Cosmicubes.
- Pods: Gathered via gameplay IF AND ONLY IF you have a Cosmicube activated. Each Cosmicube has a different type of Pod associated with its content, and Pods cannot be transferred between Cosmicube.
- XP: Experience given based on playtime – will only be used for character leveling, which provides multiplier bonuses for beans and pods earned each time you gain a new level.
Currency can always be stored for later, and we will be constantly posting new items as we have more updates and partnerships in the future.
Account linking, achievements and more
The new items and XP mean that it is necessary to be able to aggregate and link your Among Us account to different platforms! For most platforms, you will be able to login, link and save your progress and cosmetics using the same account.
Please read the game instructions VERY carefully to make sure you do not overwrite the wrong account!
Exception: Stars purchased on Nintendo Switch ™ can only be used on this console. In the future, Pods & Beans earned on Switch will be able to be shared on most systems. It is currently not available with this update, but we are working on it!
In addition, there are a few controller changes in this update.
- The Wind action is no longer tied to the main action button. To ventilate, press V on the keyboard or the right shoulder button on the controllers.
- Sabotage is no longer attached to the main action button. To access the tamper card, imposters can simply open their card, using the Tab key on keyboards or the left trigger on controllers.
- If you have a special role, the action for that role can be accessed via the F key on keyboards or the right trigger on controllers. This includes the engineer’s ventilation capacity.
Achievements will be available on platforms that have it! Here’s what you need to know:
- Stats that affect your achievements will persist across all linked platforms (basically your stats are tied to your player ID)
- You have to perform the live action that would unlock this achievement to trigger it on another platform.
- Example of false success to explain: If you got a 50 card achievement on Steam and want it to unlock on iOS, you will need to complete the card swipe task once more in iOS to get the achievement.
What can you look forward to? Among Us for Xbox and PlayStation launches on December 14, so you can expect a whole new crew to join us in space! There could be EVEN MORE announcements in between …
We still have a lot of things we want to add to the game like the next map, more roles, and other gameplay features. But for now, good ventilation!
- Win by completing tasks to prepare the ship or by ejecting all imposters.
- Act quickly to undo the impostor’s sabotage.
- Check the administrator card and security cameras to keep an eye out for other crew members.
- Immediately report any dead bodies to begin discussion of the identity of the suspected impostor.
- Call emergency meetings to discuss suspicious behavior.
- Vote to kick out suspected impostors.
- Kill teammates and frame passers-by.
- Pretend to complete tasks to blend in with teammates.
- Sneak through the vents to move quickly around the ship.
- Use sabotage to cause chaos and divide the crew.
- Close the doors to trap victims and kill in private.
- Personalization: Choose your color and your hat.
- Lots of play options: add more impostors, more tasks and much more!
- Quickly find an online game in the host list.
- In-game text chat.
- Integration of rich discord.
- Cross-platform play between platforms
Currently available for Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch and PC, Among yous arrives on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X | S, or Xbox One with Xbox Game Pass on December 14, 2021.
More articles on Among us